News, views, knowledge and analysis on business and finance driving social progress.
Pioneers Post delivers the news and sets the agenda for the new wave of responsible business leaders and social entrepreneurs.
Our aim is to create intelligent and engaging content through news, analysis, comment, profiles, debate, specialist reports, the Pioneers Post Business School and our own online TV and podcast channels.
A growing movement of corporate businesses, SMEs, charities and social enterprises is looking beyond the immediate bottom line and seeing value and opportunity in social innovation, sustainability, investment and creating meaningful business at scale.
Social entrepreneurs are seeking to increase their size and impact; corporate leaders are bringing social value and environmental values closer to the heart of their business; charity and public sector CEOs are sharpening their business skills and creating new models to deliver effective, innovative services in challenging economic circumstances.
Pioneers Post is the magazine that brings these people, their organisations and their stories together into a dedicated platform – championing their vision, sharing their ideas, testing their mettle, and exploring their challenges, successes and failures.
Aims & Values
Pioneers Post is itself a social enterprise, with clear social aims and profits ploughed back to support our community of socially progressive readers.
We have an innovative, 'hybrid' legal structure which safeguards our community purpose and social values but also includes a proportion of privately owned shares that allow for future investment.
Our community interest purpose is to inspire, nourish, support, promote and bring together the community of social entrepreneurs, social innovators and social investors across public, private and civil society sectors.
We aim to build the success of social business, to promote shared value, social responsibility and sustainability alongside entrepreneurship, innovation and business excellence.
– To be the most insightful source of news, views and opportunities in social value and social enterprise
– To provide advice, skills and knowledge to help do social entrepreneurship better
– To discover and scrutinise new ideas in policy and practice
– To challenge the status quo across charity, public and business sectors
– To champion and question the legitimacy and impact of social enterprise at the global, national and local levels
– To explore what makes social entrepreneurship work and why it sometimes goes wrong
– To understand and profile the people behind social innovation and what motivates them
– To showcase and celebrate great examples of social entrepreneurship across charity, public and commercial sectors
– To connect people with conversations about social innovation
– To be a critical link in a community of people who are making change in different sectors and silos
– To approach our subject matter with honesty, pragmatism (get real), good humour and with a sense of fun.
Pioneers Post is built on over a decade of commitment to news, information and inspiration delivered first through Social Enterprise magazine, the world’s first magazine dedicated to social business, and then online through SocialEnterpriseLive.com.
Social Enterprise was co-founded in the UK at the beginning of the new millennium by Tim West, now founding editor of Pioneers Post, in partnership with colleagues from the trailblazing magazine New Start, a cutting edge publication about economic and social regeneration, and with CAN, a major force for social enterprise support and growth in the UK.
Over a decade, our website, weekly e-bulletin and Twitter feed have developed a loyal readership of tens of thousands of individuals and organisations committed to doing business that creates positive social and environmental change, reaching social entrepreneurs and innovators in 60 countries.